Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Success for San Francisco and California...


So California has now allowed gay marriage, which doesn't directly effect me, but it makes a huge impact on the lives of many of my friends. My exposure to individuals with different sexualities--Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and transsexual--has influenced me in my support for gay marriage. I'm happy that, finally, the LGBT community has received the same rights that we all take for granted.

But how did this happen?

The California Supreme Court overturned a law that banned gay marriage. No law was technically passed but it just simply overturned a law that made it illegal to marry if your gay.

If you think about it, there is no reason to not allow gay marriage. If you are straight then it doesn't directly effect you.

I, for one, am happy that marriage is finally allowed for the LGBT community.

No comments: